Friday, December 31, 2010

treasure 2010

this year my word was treasure. this blog has given me and opportunity to do that. i was driven at the beginning to keep this going but my bad habit is starting a project really well and getting to about 80-90% finished then letting it sit. the hardest month for me to capture in pictures was december. i don't know why. but i was determined to finish. and i did. i have been challenged to get my camera out every day (proud to say i only missed a handful), take better photos visually and emotionally, and make sure i didn't miss any kids in the process. this has given me time to see how i view our family in photos. this year i have learned more about my camera by shooting in manual mode (still learning), and also learn to edit a little better. i also really desired to shoot "better" photos-but i look back and while they may not be perfectly placed or the lighting is still off they are perfect in emotion. i can look back and remember why i took these photos. it is a journey for me to remember what is important. a journey that at times has not been easy with having to let go of stuff that i need to let go of this year then reminding myself every day who and what i treasure. i love that i pick a word. it is simple but so powerful. i am blessed beyond measure to have so much to treasure in my life.
and as great it was to document our lives here i am still trying to figure out how i am going to capture 2011. i do know that i am going to rejoice so keep an eye on both my blogs for new photos and memories.

for where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. Matthew 6:21

No comments:

Labels

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP